Thursday, September 1, 2016

how to or not spend ones' birthday




Hi all! Well today I am a year older. YAAY! I love my birthday. I think for some reason all the festivities that surround the day excite me. I confess, its the one day where it is ALL about ME! and that's probably the psychology behind it. I think we all deserve 1 day out of the year to be honored and spoiled.

The program I am a part of has taught me to honor others and provide service to others. Think less and less about yourself. That's major for me. I know that one of my character defects growing up and still has been very self-centered. I need to think less about Erin and more about everyone else. Whether it is during a conversation of its at Christmas giving.

Its not about me anymore; its about what can I do for others?

 I was thinking about it.. I have changed my cleaning day to Thursdays. And I need my Friday's off. I though this week- how shitty I have to clean the house on my birthday. But then I gave it more thought. It's really just another day. I'm not some primadonna princess that can't lift a finger. I have dinner with Dad to look forward to and some other things here and there. So quitcha bitchin and do it!  BTW skipping or switching a day wont fly. lol.

And finally I must say a huge THANK YOU to my Mom and Dad for creating me. You are the reason I am here on this Earth. Thank you and I love you sooo much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today's your day to shine! Happy Birthday to my beautiful Adorable. Every day is a celebration and every meal is a banquet in my life. Love you xo