Saturday, September 10, 2016

remembering......

Over the past couple of days I have been thinking of my Memere and Pepere a LOT! For whatever reason they have both been on my mind. Usually it's one or the other. The triggers have been anything from certain smells to the fact that my nephew was just born on their wedding anniversary. I can't preach enough how much they meant to me in my life. Unfortunately we are not here forever. I use to tell my Memere, Please live until 112. She'd always reply to me , Erin I don't think I'd like that, my bones would ache! I have to just be satisfied with what she did teach me while she was on this Earth. And boy she sure taught me enough!

As far as Pepere goes.. Memere died many years before 'Pepere and I would think , man I wish I was as close with Pepere as I was with Memere. and low and behold I ended up his caretaker. and BOOM my wish came true.

So the moral of the story is.. we may wish our loved ones were still physically here and around but what we should do is really appreciate what we had with them when they were and cherish their memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and insightful. Sometimes I wish I could make time stand still. Loved the memories. Love you Adorable

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful indeed. Keep the memories close.