As a child I watched enough TV for 4 people. My favorite 2 shows when I was a child were: I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched! Even when younger than that it was MTV. Yes MTV! My mom said I loved watching music videos. And to this day I still love music videos.
I think between Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers I learned a great deal. Very educational programming. Oh and Reading Rainbow.
Fast forward to my 30s.. I love reality tv. Embarrassing to admit but God honest truth. I love Real Housewives, Shark Tank, Kardashians, and many many more.
TV according to my therapist is a passive activity. It requires no movement or effort. I have plenty of free time as most of you may know.
I wish I did other things rather than watch TV. And what's even worse is we cancelled our cable television. So I thought for sure I would decrease my TV watching by half or more. NOPE now I watch shows I don't even like. I want to exercise, create daily art, go to Starbucks for blogging daily.
I might get a gym membership so therefore less time spent at home in front of the tv.
and now with Netflix you can Binge watch your favorite shows. I have done it. You spend the whole weekend inside, watching these shows. its hypnotizing.
anyone have tips on how not to watch tv. self will I guess but any other tips are welcomed!!!
![]() |
| Today's drink:Tall Caramel Macchiato |


3 comments:
Okay so why not turn your passive TV watching into active TV watching? Start with 1/2 hour. Do jumping jacks, squats, abs, push-ups, weights (alternating each one) then rest. You will feel so much better that you did something, and each day you will want to do more because the results don't lie! Love you xo
Great advice lovely Linda!
My dad was the one who always put the tv on during dinner. Mom would have preferred it off and I think I would have to agree. Sometimes you do need to just be passive and allow yourself to be distracted by something trivial or "Made up" As long as you come back to reality.
Melinda
Post a Comment