Monday, July 13, 2015

It's who you know

Today's topic is a suggestion from my husband. We were at the beach on Saturday. There were a small group of 20-30 something men. They were drinking beers. 2 cops pulled up to them got out of their lil scooters and started talking to these men. Now I start to worry that we will get in trouble have beers on the beach. Ruben had brought about 5 and they were hidden in the cooler except the one in his hand. I thought for sure the cops were going to make the guys dump their beers or kick them off the beach. Nope ! Nothing! They just stayed chatting.

So..... is it allowed? Common says says yes. There were no signs stating that it's a law. The cops just stood there sipping their waters and watching the men sip their beers.

My husband was like, if they harass me for my beers I want you to record what's going on. That's not fair if they do.

It's really sometimes all about who you know. I compare it to getting a job. It's so easy to get a job if you know someone. I got my volunteer position because someone I knew knew I was looking for a position .

I just think that life is easier if you know someone. But it's not entirely fair is it?
 
 
Today's drink: Cinnabon Frappachino
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/details/food_drink/alcohol_laws.html