Monday, June 8, 2015

A new adventure

So.. I'd like to start by saying that I have wanted to blog for years. I opened this particular blog site a few years ago. My intentions were to post daily. What would my topics be? I wasn't so sure. My inspiration: Carrie Bradshaw with Sex and the City. She always seemed to have such poignant things to say. Granted she wasn't blogging but I feel a blog and a newspaper column are similar in length.

So the plan is to start my mornings every week day at Starbucks. Here, in the atmosphere of other people, action in general and enjoying a lovely coffee related beverage! My therapist suggested that I get out of the house at the same time every day for at least an hour. He feels like the more I sit at home, the more worrying I do. As my mind is not distracted by anything but my own thoughts. So my mom suggested this!

I am so thankful in life to have the liberty to do this daily. I know that I will be so proud of this if I can pull it off daily. It's so much more rewarding than watching Good Morning America and Kelly and Michael!
I desperately need structure but not the form of a job. Job would be too overwhelming for me at this point. I tend to imagine what would work best for me and then the TV wins. Ideally I would art journal daily, blog daily, read daily, exercise daily; you get the idea.

Stay positive!
Thoughts for the Soul
"They who handle a matter wisely shall find good: and those who trust int he Lord, happy are they" Proverbs 16:20

my drink of the day: caramel macchiato

No comments: